Job Vacancy For Senior Technical Writer For Dulles / Sterling At The VA of Cigital Inc - The Software Security And Quality Consulting Firm
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Writer/Contractor for our Dulles/Sterling, VA office. This is ~ a 3-month assignment.
You will be writing and editing technical documentation for Cigital's internal and client-facing products. You will interact with the development team and create a User Guide, an Installation Guide, and a Reference Guide for Cigital's products. A subset of the documentation already exists in various internal formats (text files, power-points, MS Word docs). You will need to interact with developers, find out what exists, what needs to be developed and create a final product.
The key is having the ability to extract detailed technical concepts from the software developers’ minds and writings and translate them into plain, simple language.
• 5 + years experience technical writing
• 5+ years experience working with a software development team
• Excellent skills in using MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, HTML, Photoshop and other documentation tools (such as FrameMaker).
• Superb communication skills (written and verbal)
• Well honed research skills (a lot of the ideas and documentation is with the software developers)
• Ability to understand abstract technical ideas and translate them into plain English.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Cigital, Inc.(www.cigital.com) is the leading software security and quality consulting firm. Established in 1992, Cigital plans and implements initiatives that help organizations ensure their applications are secure and reliable while also improving how they build and deploy software.
Experts at Cigital apply a combination of proven methodologies, tools, and best practices to meet each client's unique requirements, providing resources and knowledge to deliver value to their business.
Sample of prior work needs to be available during the interview.
Send your resume in MS WORD or PDF format to:
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to USA Jobs.