New Job Vacancies - Job Opportunities In A New Online Publishing Company
There are job opportunities in a new online publishing company.
The company is looking to fill the following job vacancies with qualified candidates:
1. EXECUTIVE EDITOR: The Executive Editor's job is to lead an editorial team dedicated to a comprehensive coverage of business, politics, sports and entertainment through balanced news aggregation, aggressive reporting and insightful blogging. The role’s key criteria for success is generating impact journalism that demonstrably affects public debate and advances the common good.
Responsibilities include driving an effective news agenda that captures the attention of key decision-makers and other influentials; editing news, articles and blog posts throughout the news cycle; managing the website with the technical team; and animating the overall profitability of the enterprise.
The ideal candidate must possess at least four to five years editing and reporting experience, preferably in business and politics beats. Computer literacy absolutely essential and online experience is an edge.
The Executive Editor reports to the Publisher.
2. SALES MANAGER: The Sales Manager's target is to provide leadership towards achievement of the company's profitability, through plans and strategies to grow the customer base.
His or her responsibilities include initiating and executing action plans to penetrate key market segments; setting examples in personal character, commitment, and organisational/selling skills; and ensuring that the team meets or exceeds activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
A minimum of five to seven years experience in media-related sales management, knowledge of customer relationship software solutions and proven ability to drive sales are required for this position.
The Sales Manager reports to the Publisher.
3. WEBMASTER: The Webmaster is responsible for the layout, visual appearance, visitor-friendliness and continuity of the company's website; and manages and updates it.
The right candidate must be highly creative, energetic and imaginative with strong conceptual skills. Expertise in Search Engine Optimisation and Search Engine Marketing are prime requirements for the position.
A minimum of two to three years experience in Graphic/Web Design, and working knowledge of WordPress and/or editorial background, are critical.
The Webmaster reports to the Executive Editor.
4. EDITORIAL ASSISTANTS: To assist the Executive Editor in the performance of his or her duties. A proven track record in newsroom-related work is mandatory.
5. ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES: To assist the Sales Manager in the performance of his or her duties. A proven track record in successful selling, ideally in a media-related environment is a necessity for this position.
Exceptional grammar skills, ability to meet deadlines, strong Microsoft Office competency (particularly Word and PowerPoint), and fascination with web trends, online content and social media marketing are added advantage for all positions.
Salaries for qualified candidates are commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send CV, cover letter, one writing sample and links to piece(s) of original content published online (or other testimonials) via email to: email@example.com within two weeks of this publication.