Resume For Roger Pipes Registered Builder Perth W Australia
ROGER PIPES – Curriculum Vitae.
Roger Alan Pipes
3 Hesketh Road
Greenmount WA 6056
Mob: 0417 936 980. Fax: (08) 9255 2620. Home: (08) 9294 1498. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Birth: 08.07.1955.
Clean WA Drivers Licence (HC & R Class). Valid passports: Australian & British.
Early Education; Melbourne (UK) Primary School 1960-66. Derby Boys Grammar (UK) 1966-71.
Emigrated to Perth WA in May 1977.
1998-present. Director / proprietor of Hillridge Homes; small registered building company (Builders reg. 10153), involved in additions and renovations to existing residential properties and some new homes (up to $400K). Also active in the inspection of houses for prospective buyers, mainly in the hills areas where a good knowledge of cohesive soils is desired.
1992-1998. As above as proprietor of Greenmount Building Company (Builders reg. 8465).
1992-present. Part-time casual (3 nights per week) lecturer of Building Studies at Balga TAFE (now called West Coast Polytechnic, Balga campus). Capable of lecturing all units required for Diploma of Builders Registration; but specializing in the Construction (structural principals) units, all 4 levels.
1977-1992. Mainly a self-employed sub contract bricklayer, principally in the housing sector. The late 1970’s to early 80’s also included a variety of jobs as I travelled Australia and other parts of the world; e.g. drove road trains in Dampier WA; was a tour guide in Kruger Park South Africa and planted pine trees in New Zealand.
1971-1977. Completed bricklaying apprenticeship in Melbourne (UK), working in family building company. Also spent short periods working in Europe.
1971: O level standard (Yr 12) Derby Boys Grammar School (UK).
1975: City and Guilds Trade Certificate in Bricklaying.
1992: Personal Builders Registration Number 8465.
1996: Associate Diploma of Applied Science (Construction).
1998: Company Builders Registration Number 10153.
2002: Certificate 1V in Assessment and Workplace Training
Page 1 of 2.
Experience and Attributes.
• 40 years experience in all forms and methods of construction.
• Estimating, preparation and presentation of tenders.
• Scheduling and sourcing materials.
• Liaison with suppliers and sub contractors.
• Client meetings, implementing additional requirements or variations.
• Ensuring time and budget limitations are met.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Building Code of Australia (BCA).
• Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Australian Standards.
• Aware of OH&S requirements.
• Experienced in report writing.
• Capable and qualified to train people.
• Legible handwriting.
• Basic computer skills.
• Solving problems quickly and effectively.
• Ability to get the best out of workers; especially in quality, but not at the expense of time.
(This usually results from mutual respect).
• Used to working long hours and weeks without breaks.
Golf, fishing; and travel with a particular interest in different cultures and architecture throughout the world.
Page 2 of 2.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Global Resume - Post Yours Free.